It’s almost that time of year again when we will be celebrating our independence! The 4th of July can be an evening of fun and laughter,
but for some pets it can be a terrifying experience. Here are some tips to follow if your pet gets scared when the fireworks start going off:
• Take your dog for a long walk the day of the fireworks. They will have less energy to be
anxious or excited.
• Make a safe space inside your home away from large windows. Maybe play music to dim
the noise of the fireworks.
• Distract your pet with toys or treats during the fireworks display.
• If the pet must be outside, make sure all gates are secure and locked.
• In the event your pet does run away, always make sure they have a tag and/or microchip.
By following these tips, even our furry
family members can have a safe and fun
4th of July!