I was on Facebook the other day and saw the below list in my news feed. I thought it was a great reminder on what we should be doing to stay safe in our homes.
Here are some basic Home Security Tips!
5 Things to Know About Home Security
- Deadbolts and doors Matter. Forcible entry can be deterred by having a deadbolt with at least a 1” throw bolt and solid wood, metal or security door
- Glass is vulnerable. Reinforce with security laminates and avoid having door locks near windows.
- Create the look of occupancy. Use timed lights, radios, and things that appear as if you are home. Consider alarm /video.
- What do you own? Create and maintain a Home Content Inventory list. Know what you own and be able to identify it.
- Pay attention. Listen and look. Be aware of area activity. Write things down or take pictures, if safe to do so. Report suspicious activity/people.
Don’t forget if you want to upgrade your home The McKenna Team is here to help you find the perfect home. Call us at 702-434-HOME (4663)